Thursday, May 17, 2012

Adam Lambert is "Trespassing" into my ears.

Adam Lambert released his sophomore album titled "Trespassing" on May 15th, 2012. I am a very big fan of Adam Lambert. Not just his music but him as a whole. I think he is a fantastic singer and performer. I have been a fan of him since he started his career many years ago.

For those who don't remember, Adam Lambert was the runner up in the 8th season of American Idol, losing to Kris Allen. Ironically enough Adam Lambert seems to be much more successful than Kris Allen.

As I write this review I have "Trespassing" playing in the background. When I first started listening to it, the title song "Trespassing" immediately had me tapping my foot to the beat as Lambert sings with charm yet extreme sex appeal in a rather fast paced song. The background beats and lyrics compliment Lambert's voice perfectly. He has such a unique voice that pulls you into every song he sings whether it's a fast paced dance beat or a slow ballad. For those who enjoy Lambert's high range, never fear there is plenty of that! He flawlessly flips his voice into his higher range as if it was second nature to him.

What I found extremely unique about the album is Lambert's cross between pop dance beats, similar to his debut album "For Your Entertainment", and disco. Yes. Disco. Some of the songs such as "Kickin It" have slight resemblance of disco in the background to it however still with a glam spin that only Lambert can do.

Overall I really enjoyed the album. His ballads are lovely and dance songs are extremely fun as I can't wait to actually dance to them with other people. The only complaint I have is that I wish the album was longer as well as the ratio to dance songs compared to the slower ones is a little higher on the side of slow songs that I like personally. Although his voice is very melodic I prefer to be up on my feet while listening to his music. Other than that, I loved it and I hope he comes to Minneapolis for this tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment